We work to improve the safety, welfare and wellbeing of all children and young people in NSW. We speak up for kids to get their points of view heard by adult decision makers.
We influence and initiate positive change by:
- implementing and monitoring laws to help employers with recruiting suitable people to work with children and young people
- managing a voluntary accreditation system for counsellors and therapists who work with people who have committed sexual offences against children
- holding inquiries into important issues relating to children and young people
- making recommendations to Parliament, and government and non-government agencies on legislation, policies, practices and services that affect children and young people
- promoting children and young people’s participation in activities and decision-making about issues that affect their lives
- providing information to help children and young people and people who work with them.
We are also responsible for implementing and monitoring laws that affect all people in child-related employment in NSW to help make workplaces safe for kids. We also run a voluntary accreditation scheme for counsellors who work with people who have committed sexual offences against children.